We are a Bible believing Christian church in Modderfontein/Greenstone.
People don’t go to church because they:
- Don’t feel they can ask real questions
- Too busy for church on a Sunday
- Feel God is missing from the church
Some people are unaware that their troubles, loneliness or emptiness are rooted in not knowing God.
What’s your reason?
Are you going to let these reasons stand in the way?
At Hope City Church we desire to know God
and make Him known through:
- Connecting with God – adoring Him and singing His praises
- Connecting with others – belonging to a community of friends and family
- Serving God – getting involved with God’s work
- Sharing what you know about God with others
- Being helped and helping others become more like Christ
A quick story before you scroll into oblivion…
A group of us were at a friend’s 40th birthday party. The house was loaded with the birthday girl’s friends and family. We were all having a great time talking and joking around, as one does at a party.
As the night roared on, one of the birthday girl’s “running buddies” asked us how we knew the birthday girl… so one of us said “from church”… the friend nearly fell off her chair, spluttering “but you guys are fun! I can’t believe I’ve just spent the whole evening with “the church friends”.
We all had a good chuckle at her surprise in finding that “church people” are not all boring, false, full of doom and that in fact there is real joy in being part of God’s family.
What would you answer if Jesus Christ asked you these questions today?
- …Why do you worry about clothes?… (Matthew 6:28)
- …Why are you so afraid?… (Matthew 8:26)
- …Where is your faith?… (Luke 8:25)
- …What do you want me to do for you?… (Matthew 20:32)
Life is a series of questions.
As one of many different ways to encounter God, come visit Hope City Church.
Come along this Sunday or pop us an email here, let’s ask questions and find answers together.
You may have questions to ask God, questions to ask others and questions to ask yourself.
The Bible has answers, God has answers but, it’s a process – start yours by visiting us on Sunday. Bring your kids along, bring your friends… yes even the “running friends”, “school friends” “work friends” and your mother-in-law.
Some first steps to knowing God…
We want to share with you the good news about what we’re experiencing with God. We want to share the answers we have found to life’s challenges. We hope you encounter God and learn how to be a follower of Jesus.
If you’re here to do your homework on finding a place to meet with God:
If you’re here to “expose your kids to Jesus and church”,
so they can choose for themselves:
God working in our lives – as shared on WhatsApp
(published with permission)
Feel free to give us a call on the numbers below or pop us an email if you have any questions.